Search engine marketing, also known as SEM, is a valuable practice today. When a customer types in a search query with a few valuable keywords, your business may be one of the first to pop up. However, the way to achieve this is through knowledge and experience. You must know what it takes for a search engine, such as Google, to rank your page when prospective customers are looking for a business that provides your product/service. Having experience is almost equally as important, as it helps you move your marketing efforts in the right direction, now that you know what practices work and what don’t.
It may sound simple, but SEO is no easy feat. As a result, many businesses (big and small) elect to hire a social media marketing company. If you are a small business and you don’t think this is a valuable way to spend your money, here are three reasons why you should rethink that:
- They know how to create brand awareness through organic (non-paid) and paid advertising. Additionally, they can track the analytics to see what efforts are working and what they should abandon.
- When the right practices are deployed, this can lead to more visitors to your website. As you already know, when your site receives more visitors, it receives more opportunities to turn a prospective customer into an actual customer.
- In addition to bringing your website more visitors, and experienced SEM team can build trust and turn your website/business into an authority in the eyes of Google and other search engines. As you may have guessed, when Google and other search engines see your business as an authority, you gain more exposure by ranking higher on search engine ranking pages (SERPs).
Now that you know the benefits, how can you hire a good, trustworthy search engine marketing company, like TechKnow?
Consider the Cost
Remember, if something sounds too good to be true, then it probably is. Therefore, if a company tries to convince you that they can solve all your SEO problems at an extremely low cost, don’t expect them to come through on their promises. Strong SEO rankings won’t happen overnight, and every marketing company knows this. Their team will have to put in a lot of hours to get your website on top of SERPs, which will cost more than, say, $100 a month. On the other hand, you don’t want to get ripped off. For example, if a company brings a detailed SEO strategy to you and charges you $1,000 a month, this is also a red flag. Depending on the services they provide, it shouldn’t cost that much. We recommend doing your homework. Find out the average cost of SEO packages and how much the individual services cost before you interview a company.
Do Your Research
This probably goes without saying, but it’s so important, that we’ll include it anyway. When searching for a digital marketing company, do not make any hasty decisions. You may have a lot on your plate but make this a priority.
- Narrow down your search to about three companies (we hope Techknow will be in the running!)
- Research each company thoroughly to get more insight into their work
- Look around for good press on the company – obviously, good press is a plus and bad press is a red flag. If there’s no press, that’s not necessarily bad, just pursue with caution.
Don’t Solely Focus on Where They Rank
If you are not impressed with where the company ranks on SERPs, don’t use this as a determining factor. Optimizing a website to rank on the first page is tough for any industry, but especially for industries as oversaturated as SEO marketing. There are many factors that place websites on the first page. For example, companies that have been in business many years may rank higher, but don’t offer all the services you need. Newer companies may be good, but haven’t earned trust, or authority, therefore have not ranked on the first page. However, this shouldn’t exclude them as a contender.
If you live in Longmont, CO, or the surrounding areas and you are looking for a local search engine marketing company, contact the team at Techknow. We have helped businesses improve their brand awareness since 2009. Let us help you. Call (970) 528-5551 today.